If you want to create an online shop you will need to have your full attention to these videos. and also I suggest you to read this free ebook about creating an online store.
You probably noticed that starting an online store business isn’t that easy; so you have to take some serious tests and diagnosis before starting .
Please read these steps carefully and do your best to find a good eCommerce solution for your Business, after reading these tutorials on how to create an online shopping website you will be able to start your own online store easily;
Create Online Shop Following These Steps:
- Get a Domain name:
The Domain name must be easy to understand, for example if you want to create glass shop, your domain must be something like this: BuyGlasses.com or GlassesForYou.com.
If you couldn’t find the desired name in the basic domain search try to have a look at the premium Domains.
Get a Free Domain Name With iPage.
- Research on Platform You Want to Use:
For creating an online store you need to have a software installed in your PC or a shopping cart platform.
It is a vital component of starting an online store, Because it will make a professional looking website with dozens of features without writing a line of code by store owner. you can find lots of them in the market for free, but for good ones you have to pay.
At the end of this article you can find some of these services that you can try for free without credit card or payment requirement.
See eCommerce Software Reviews for more details on this section. .
- Be Serious about the features of Your shopping cart service provider:
The features provided by an eCommerce solution is very important for your online business, because it has to satisfy you and your customers.
It is important for you to get a shopping cart platform that support or have at least these features.
- Easy to Use and Easy to Setup
- SEO Friendly Features, like meta tag generator and etc
- Easy to Design Shopping Cart
- Product Picture Management and Editing
- Customer Management and Contact Back
- Best Payment and Shipment Support
- Good Security, it is important to be PCI, PA-DSS Certified
- Currency and Language Support
- Marketing and Promotion Tools
- Syndicating with Other Shops like eBay, Amazon and etc
- Social Media Support
- Integration with Affiliate systems *If you Need
- Create a Unique Logo For Your Business:
Your logo is your brand, so be careful about it. When you sell your products synced in to other major online shopping carts like eBay, Amazon, Shopzilla and etc you can attract more customers to your store with your by attaching your logo in your products.
- Design Your Store Front:
Don’t use complicated design for your store front.
like: lots of products in front page of your shop, and other confusing matters; let your customers find what they are looking after, in a categorized structure.
- Add products and promote your website:
try to add most of your products at the first step, then promote your page so people that visits your site will become your standing customers.
- Get hosting for your blog:
If you want to gain reputation you should have a blog with your online store. There are lots of hosting companies that will let you create a blog easily with just few dollars a year.
For example you can get hosting from iPage.com with just $1+/month.
They will also give you a free domain and free google adwords credit as well as another amazing feature that you can install some of free and premium shopping carts in the same hosting without paying a penny.
It is important to start your blog before online store so don’t hesitate and go on building your blog today, it is easy just with one click you can install some of the best blogging platforms.
Compare hosting providers in affordable web hosting services.
Watch This Practical Video:
Download This Video:
Did you find this article helpful about “how to create an online shopping website” then have a look at:you may want to see Wikipedia for more information about shopping carts
Latest posts by AUS Admin (see all)
- Free Web Design Services (Giveaway) - August 2, 2014
- How Do I Create a Website for My Business? - May 19, 2014
- How to get a website up and running in a day or less - May 15, 2014